ath9k usb Wi-Fi driver

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Mon Jun 12 09:39:58 CEST 2023

Hi Colin,

> > Did you try with a recent branch? I've been having success with
> > rt2x00 and ath9k both lately.
>
> No, I have not found the time yet but there should be some time this
> weekend.

I am happy to confirm that your driver also works with my Ralink-based
D-Link dongle (running via USB passthrough in QEMU and flood pinging it
from the out-site). I encountered the I/O signal handling issue once
but since its a known problem I mostly ignored that for now.

> > Ok. It may not be so completely simple. Likely there would need to be at
> > least small changes to wifi_drv, for example compare "frontend.h" between
> > the two, you will see some additional features like _remove_all_aps(), and
> > IFACE-DEINIT had to be added to support hot-plug.
>
> Uh sorry, I missed those changes - naturally these should be included as
> well.

I added the missing feature to the generic driver binary and changed the
'wifi_ath9k.run' run-script to use that instead of the specific one.

(I pushed the corresponding branches called 'usb_wifi-2023-06-11' for
the genode and genode-world repo.)

Regards
Josef

--