Update generated dummies for wireguard

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon Jul 3 11:26:47 CEST 2023

Hello Pirmin.

On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 08:52:59 CEST, Duss Pirmin wrote:
> My question is now, how can I get the kernel configuration that was
> used to build the wireguard port? I will have to tweak this to also
> build the RTC stub for Genode.

First, I had the same impulse as Stefan and was up to warn you about
the unintended mix of virt_linux and device drivers. Also, I was about
to add that I'm certain porting an RTC driver with DDE Linux is not
worth the hassle. RTC drivers are quite small (about 300 SLOC per
device in Linux) and RTC devices come with pretty thorough
documentation.

Then, I noted that you wrote "RTC stub" and realized you may refer to
connecting wireguard/virt_linux to the Genode RTC service. In this
case, I'd like to ask if it may be less invasive to implement the
Linux API used by the wireguard code instead of enabling the RTC
subsystem. This subsystem is much more complex than just mapping some
function to Rtc::Session::current_time().

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/
https://twitter.com/GenodeLabs · https://genodians.org/