Update generated dummies for wireguard

Stefan Kalkowski stefan.kalkowski at genode-labs.com
Mon Jul 3 11:10:38 CEST 2023

Hi Pirmin,

On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 08:52:59AM +0200, Duss Pirmin wrote:
> Hello Genodians
>
> I'm currently adding a RTC-driver (see earlier question by Stefan Thöni
> https://lists.genode.org/pipermail/users/2023-May/008704.html).
>
> To achieve this I need some additional source files from the Kernel tree.
> This leads to some more unresolved symbols that can probably be covered by
> tool/dde_linux/create_dummies. To do this, I need a kernel successfully
> built kernel.
>
> My question is now, how can I get the kernel configuration that was used to
> build the wireguard port? I will have to tweak this to also build the RTC
> stub for Genode.

The kernel configuration used for the wireguard port can be found in
`repos/dde_linux/src/virt_linux`. However, it is _not_ recommended to
be used as base to port a device driver! In contrast to "real device
drivers" the virt_linux configuration is used for protocol stacks and
drivers that do not use direct I/O resources, DMA memory etc..

If you plan to enable a further driver for the x86 PC platform, I
would recommend to extend and use the configuration under:
`repos/pc/src/pc_linux` that is used a base for USB, framebuffer, and
WiFi drivers ports for PC.

Regards
Stefan

> Regards,