compiling Sculpt

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Mon Jan 30 13:08:17 CET 2023

Hi Johnny,

I just found out that you can actually run sculpt on Linux. But you have
to use another run script:

build/x86_64$
make run/sculpt_test KERNEL=linux BOARD=linux DEPOT=tar LOG=core

This script can also be used to run Sculpt in Qemu. The DEPOT and LOG
variables are optional. LOG=core [2] routes the main serial output
channel of Sculpt to your Linux console while DEPOT=tar [1] provides
your Sculpt with a TAR archive of a basic depot (program/library
packages). Note that Linux Sculpt has no access to persistent storage
(use the RAM FS instead) or network for now.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] repos/gems/run/sculpt.run -> depot_archive
[2] repos/gems/run/sculpt.run -> log_route