fec_nic_drv no packet ever send on imx8mm

Jean-Adrien Domage jean-adrien.domage at gapfruit.com
Fri Jan 27 12:12:49 CET 2023

Dear Genodians,

I am updating our reference branch to the 22.11 tag for the genode
repository
and respective references for the genode-world and genode-imx repositories.

I am facing an issue with the 'fec_nic_drv' on imx8mm_iot_gate, an
"arm_v8a" based board.
The driver connects successfully to the "nic_router" uplink session. But
no DHCP request
is ever received by the DHCP server running on my host. Furthermore,
inspecting with Wireshark,
no packet is ever sent by the device after the TFTP transmission.

After some debugging, I concluded that the driver received a packet to
send via the packet
stream interface from the "nic router". It is successfully inserted into
the driver's tx queue.
Finally, I could identify in the mnt_reform2_linux code base
"drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_main.c"
the function `fec_enet_tx_queue` that seems to process the skb buffer.

I would be pleased if someone has been down that path already and could
point me out some hints.
Unfortunately, there are no warnings or errors that light up. I have
attached logs containing
some debug messages. Please ignore the missing "report_rom" errors.

May I be overlooking something or not looking at the right place?

Thanks for your time! :)

Best,
Jean-Adrien