video and usb driver (rk3588)

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 16:55:41 CET 2023

On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 at 03:19, Michael Grunditz
<michael.grunditz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have USB working:
> [init -> drivers -> usb_hid_drv] dev_info: input: USB HID v1.00 Mouse
> [HID 04b4:0060] on usb-usbbus-/input0
> [init -> drivers -> usb_hid_drv] dev_info: input: USB HID v1.00 Device
> [HID 04b4:0060] on usb-usbbus-/input1
> Kernel: MMU-fault not handled ESR=0x92000061
> Kernel: init -> drivers -> gui_fb -> ep raised unhandled MMU fault
> ip=0x1009bb4 fault-addr=0x113d76ac type=unknown
>
> But as you can see , if I move the mouse pointer I get that ESR after
> the pointer moves a small amount of pixels. and graphics stops.
>
> I have no idea why. The framebuffer, which is defined by u-boot, is
> above the specified RAM. I get the expected graphics , so it works
> that far. Two things can crash it.
> 1)  The Mouse
> 2) Scout.
>
> I really want to add my own framebuffer using genode allocated ram..
> it might help. But I don't know how.

Some more info. The crash is in the copy to fb ...
_captured_screen.apply_to_surface(surface);
It fails right away when moving the mouse. I have checked the size and
it is always the same and the fault address is half way in (~ about
where the mouse pointer is). I don't understand. The driver samples
from screen and writes to fb. It is done with a timer , so I can't see
how it  can be affected by changes in screen.
Another thing is that it might get interrupted by the usb interrupt,
but it seems quite unlikely. ESR is still unaligned write. I can
provoke it directly with a odd size.

Michael