Roadmap 2023

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Thu Jan 12 10:14:04 CET 2023

Hello Pirmin,

> Most of my time working with Genode is related to my job. Privately i did
> build a test machine to run Genode on. The onboard Nic of this machine isn't
> supported by the ipxe network driver. Therefore I started porting the
> intel_igc driver from Linux. I hope I can finish this soon.
> The original plan was to port the AMD Radeon drivers (Framebuffer) from
> Linux. This was interrupted by the intel_igc driver thou.

Having a Linux-based ethernet driver for PC would be nice as I could
piggyback on that with a RTL8125 driver (as that is also unsupported
in iPXE).

> If there is time left I would like to help in porting AMD Radeon drivers
> from Linux and test them.

Coincidentally I have started to port the 'amdgpu' driver as well. As that
is also a pet project done in my spare time, the time frame is fuzzy.
That being said, of course it would be nice to collaborated - I will contact
you off-list.

Regards
Josef

--