genode show-and-tell, screencast to help with vbox6 challenges?

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:20:17 CET 2023

On 1/8/23 11:06 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:
>> ... if anyone could point me at a screencast or video of setting up a
>> virtual machine, I would very much appreciate it.
> aha! found one:
>
> https://genodians.org/m-stein/2020-06-17-cbe-linux-vm-video
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UDo7sf-14E

Thanks for sharing the links and background in the thread.

I'm still trying to understand the relationship between Genode and
Sculpt. Reading through the "Genode Live System" github issue thread, It
sounds like back in 2016, the developers had no desire to build a
live-cd version of the framework (it would have been a distraction and
tons of work to do, for little perceived benefit), but by 2018, were
able to see their way clear to put Sculpt OS out (which is way more than
a live-cd demo of the framework, and is more akin to a proof of concept
turned useful experimental operating system). Does that sound right?

Will