Roadmap 2023

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Jan 6 11:58:05 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

On 1/4/23 23:25, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> The year 2023 will probably be the most Genode intensive year for me
> since forever. I have already shared my plans for doing 32bit
> emulation. Apart from this I would like to bring in a lot of features
> for my ,yet  humble, RK3588 port. I have no other coding projects
> going on.
>
> I will probably start with graphics and usb. The vendor uboot pokes
> both , so it should be quite easy to get something up based on what is
> setup in uboot.

am I dreaming? Just one day after I wrote about my hope that developers
outside the Genode core team may take on platform-porting work, you are
sharing your plan. I am stoked! :)

I feel that the advertising of RK3588 support on the project roadmap
might be a little bit inappropriate though. It may taint Genode hacking
fun with a sense of pressure. How do you think?