Roadmap 2023 - DnD, PP GUI

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Jan 6 11:22:44 CET 2023

Hi Cedrik,

> Regarding community contributions, after someone mentionned LVGL on the PinePhone that got me
> thinking a bit, trying to guess in what direction the PP GUI will go. (I make no guarantee
> express or implied that my below ramblings will be relevant to the Genode project, caveat emptor :^)

your question prompted me to summarize the thoughts that went into the
mobile UI for the PinePhone [1].

[1] https://genodians.org/nfeske/2023-01-05-mobile-user-interface

The "left" side relies on Genode's native widget renderer (menu_view).
The "right" side offers complete freedom. One user may host a single Qt
app at a time, another user may host an SDL game, or even host a custom
UI mimicking a commodity smartphone experience (launcher + switching
between apps). So we can explore different directions without the need
to agree on the one best way.