Running genode on QEMU having board support of raspberry pi for arm_v8.

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Mon Feb 6 10:16:02 CET 2023

Hi DHIRAJ,

Sculpt with ARM currently runs only on hardware, namely imx8q_evk,
mnt_reform2, and pinephone (see [1]). However, there are ambitions to
enable this in the future via the virtio platform. You can run Sculpt in
Qemu using the same kernel (base-hw) but on x86_64:

./tool/create_builddir x86_64
cd build/x86_64/
sed -i "s/#REP/REP/" etc/build.conf
echo "MAKE += -j8" >> etc/build.conf
echo "CCACHE := yes" >> etc/build.conf
make run/sculpt_test KERNEL=hw BOARD=pc DEPOT=tar LOG=core

Cheers,
Martin

[1] repos/gems/run/sculpt.run -> assert_platform_supported