Using Quectel EG25-G in ECM mode on PC

Duss Pirmin pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Thu Sep 1 15:23:12 CEST 2022

Hello Genodians

In the Release notes, I read that on the Pinephone it is possible to use
the Quectel EG25-G in ECM mode to communicate over LTE. Which I find is
a really great feature.

We have a hardware (UP-Xtreme i7 8th gen) which comes with the same
modem. I really like the idea of using the modem in this way.

As far as I understand, the run script `run/modem_pinephone.run` of the
`genode-allwinner` repository does exactly that.

My plan is to create a PC version of `pinephone_modem` that controls the
modem. Do you think, this is possible?

Currently I do not have a idea what serial port I should use to connect
to the command channel of the modem. On the Pinephone, `ns16550_uart` is
used to do that.

Which serial port should be used on the PC platform?

Regards, Pirmin