Genode on RK3588 and Emulation

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 02:11:48 CEST 2022

Hi,

I am planning to start porting Genode to RK3588 Soc any day now.
On top of that a cpu emulator for running 32bit code. The little cpu in
the soc supports 32bit , but the big doesn't in a decent way.

I think the basic bringup will be easy, but after that it becomes harder.
I still haven't seen a manual for the soc. I have seen a dts in uboot and
with a bit of luck it works similar to RK3399.

For the emulation I use Unicorn emulation engine.  A stripped down qemu
that only does cpu. I hope that porting that to Genode will be a easy
project, it doesn't have much dependencies. I am currently hacking it  bit
to fit my needs.

I plan to expose hardware directly to emulator, probaly by memory pointers
that Genode sets up. First step is the all important debug uart.

As for Genode I think the soc would be a great platform for Sculpt.
However I have no interest in Sculpt , so will not do that. But since I
will do the basics I guess that someone can do Sculpt on top of that.

Cheers!

--
Best regards,
Michael Grunditz