using GOA to port libraries

Pirmin Duss pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Thu Nov 10 14:36:26 CET 2022

Hello Genodians

As part of a project, I will port WasmEdge [1] to Genode.

As WasmEdge uses cmake as build system my idea is to use GOA to port it.
There is already a port of WasmEdge to the SEL4 kernel [2].

WasmEdge uses several libraries of which some also use cmake as build
system.

To start small I first want to port the `spdlog` library. Before working
on the big dependency in form of the `lld` library from the `llvm` project.

If I issue `goa build` successfully runs `cmake` but building fails
afterward. There are a lot of `[-Werror=effc++]`.

I tired different ways to set `CC_CXX_WARN_STRICT=` in the files
`cmake_args` and `make_args`. Unfortunately none of them helped.

Can anybody give me some hints how I could achive this?

My project is located at [3].

Regards,
Pirmin

[1] https://github.com/WasmEdge/WasmEdge