Network Mounts On Sculpt

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Fri May 20 23:11:44 CEST 2022

Hello Everyone,

After just reading articles and tinkering on the surface for all these
years, it is a satisfying feeling to finally dig deeper into setting up
a daily driver system.  And some of the packages I see in the depots
(e.g., Thunderbird) indicate that the transition to native Genode (as
opposed to Linux VMs) may be quicker than I expected!

One thing I do need to resolve is mounting network shares in Genode.
The VFS is obviously designed for things just like this, but I'm having
trouble finding detailed info on this topic.

Could someone point me in the right direction for how to set this up?  I
am currently using NFS, but I will gladly switch to SSHFS or anything
else that works.

  Thanks!
--
   John J. Karcher