Launchers 101

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at genode-labs.com
Wed May 18 21:39:18 CEST 2022

Hello John,

On 5/18/22 08:09, Duss Pirmin wrote:
> Hello John
>

> On 17.05.22 19:14, John J. Karcher wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there an introductory article about creating launchers in Sculpt,
>> preferably from the config for a running component?  I thought I saw something
>> like that, but I can't seem to find it.
>
> If you have a component running (see /config/managed/deploy), it is relatively
> easy.
>
> - Copy the whole start node of the component in to a new file (/config/launchers).
> - replace `start`  with `launcher` and remove the name attribute (this is
> determined by the name of the launcher file).
> - if it works store it in the persistent config.

As an addition, you can copy your launcher to:

'<used-file-system>/config/<Sculpt-Version>/launcher/' , for example,

!  cp /config/launcher/test /rw/config/22.04/launcher/

when using the system shell.

This way the launchers will be restored to '/config/launcher' upon next usage of
the file-system (in case it is persistent). The same goes for the 'deploy' file.
In case you want to restore your whole setup upon next usage copy:

/config/managed/deploy to /rw/config/22.04/deploy

Note that you have to update these files with each Sculpt release because the
packet versions will change.

Regards,

Sebastian

--