restarting child components with resource saturation

Duss Pirmin pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Wed May 11 14:42:32 CEST 2022

Hello Genodians

We have a somewhat complex scenario consisting of a hand full of
components and (sub-)inits.

The outermost deploy-config starts, besides others, the following
components:
   -  vfs
   -  report_rom and other helper components
   -  init (drivers runtime)
   -  init (management runtime)
   -  init (dynamic runtime, ram/cap saturation)

The runtimes are configured via a deploy-config. Most components and
runtimes depend on the file system provided by vfs.

When restarting vfs by incrementing the version attribute, some
components that depend on vfs don't get any resources any more after
being restarted. In the state reports of init I see that the RAM quota
for some subsystems decreases after the restart of vfs. For some it
increases for a short time but goes back down again. For most, including
dynamic runtime, it stays constant for the whole time.

I wasn't able to create a simpler example that shows the same error.

Does anybody have an idea in which direction I could investigate?

Best regards, Pirmin