How to use virtio qemu nic?

Piotr Tworek tworaz at tworaz.net
Fri Jun 3 22:25:51 CEST 2022

On Fri, 2022-06-03 at 18:18 +0000, Alexander Tormasov via users wrote:

> as I understand, virt_qemu does not support x86?

There is no x86 virt_qemu board definition, or at least I never
submitted one. The ipxe_nic_drv provided by drivers_nic-pc alread works
on qemu AFAIR.

If really want to use virtio_pci_nic instead of ipxe_nic_drv you should
be able to add virtio nic device to qemu via QEMU_RUN_OPT in
build.conf. Then its just a matter of modifying drivers_nic-pc recipe
to use virtio_pci_nic instead of ipxe_nic_drv.

/ptw