Roadmap 2022

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Sun Jan 30 06:25:21 CET 2022

On 1/26/22 05:00, Martin Stein wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 13.01.22 05:18, John J. Karcher wrote:
>> On 12/23/21 13:05, Norman Feske wrote:
>>
>> 1. Get Sculpt running as a daily driver (preferably on Spunky ;^) ). The
>> VBox 6 update should make this transition easier for me.  I will be
>> asking for advice on this topic as I go along.
>
> It's cool to read that you're interested in using Spunky! But just as a
> side note: Spunky is still limited to the feature set of base-hw and
> that means no hardware virtualization on x86 so far. This is especially
> important when it comes to you plan of using Vbox6.

Thanks for the tip - I either didn't know that, or knew it and forgot.

Just curious, are there any plans to add virtualization support to
base-hw (and Spunky) in the foreseeable future?

In either case, that means I now have two separate goals: using Sculpt
as a daily driver, and running Sculpt/Spunky . . . just because I like
it. ;^)

  Thanks!

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com