Roadmap 2022

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at genode-labs.com
Thu Jan 6 17:26:52 CET 2022

Hi all,

On 12/23/21 19:05, Norman Feske wrote:
> Dear Genode community,
>
> it is the time of the year again to reflect and make plans for the
> foreseeable future. Hereby, I'd like to kick off our traditional
> brainstorming about Genode's road map for the year ahead of us.

For me the most important topic of this year is to incorporate our experiences
from last years Intel/Etnaviv GPU projects into Genode.We have learned many
lessons and by now know what is needed and what not, and where there is room for
optimization. For example, I got Doom3 from 4 FPS to ~40 FPS of native
performance as a prototype. And of course, I want to see the same performance on
vanilla Sculpt as soon as possible. Also Vulkan comes to mind, because it is
already in Mesa and should not be hard to enable. So all in all, OpenGL/Vulkan
applications should just work on Genode!

That would be great,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf