update on t430 wifi

Edoardo Mantovani mantovani.edoardo18 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:37:53 CET 2022

Hello,
it seems that both models are iwldvm based, not the newer iwlmvm.
As far as I know, iwldvm products have some firmware problems, I don't know
if sculpt has both iwldvm and iwlmvm drivers installed or not, but may be
interesting to work on other Wlan drivers/firmwares.
In those days I'll try to see if is possible for me to work on other
networking components, I haven't touched much genode in the last 2 years.
Regards

Il giorno sab 31 dic 2022 alle ore 20:22 Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> All,
>
> Just an update on getting wifi working on my T430. While I loved learning
> about the build process and was happy to explore the build your custom
> image idea, it turns out that 8 bucks on ebay and my problem was solved. I
> ordered up an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 62205ANHMW to replace the lame
> Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 2200BNHMW that was originally in the T430,
> removed the 2 keyboard screws, lifted off the keyboard, replaced the old
> with the new, put everything back and rebooted - solid, now I got 5 Ghz
> frequencies and it works flawlessly with my debian and sculpt installs.
> Highly recommended upgrade - its even a bit faster at negotiating with the
> access point.
>
> Later,
>
> Will

Edoardo Mantovani