update on t430 wifi

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 20:22:09 CET 2022

All,

Just an update on getting wifi working on my T430. While I loved
learning about the build process and was happy to explore the build your
custom image idea, it turns out that 8 bucks on ebay and my problem was
solved. I ordered up an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 62205ANHMW to
replace the lame Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 2200BNHMW that was
originally in the T430, removed the 2 keyboard screws, lifted off the
keyboard, replaced the old with the new, put everything back and
rebooted - solid, now I got 5 Ghz frequencies and it works flawlessly
with my debian and sculpt installs. Highly recommended upgrade - its
even a bit faster at negotiating with the access point.

Later,

Will