sculpt OS kernel and applications

Sid Agrawal siagraw at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Dec 28 21:59:34 CET 2022

Hi Norman,
Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that Sculpt boots with
only the hw or nova kernels. Clearly, I was wrong. :)
Also, looks like that for my work. I do not need to use sculpt. I am OK
with a terminal-based OS that runs a predetermined test using a run script.

I have a few more questions about booting the hw-kernel on rspi board.

   - Which rpi3 model is this? (B or B+, or does that even matter?)
   - The build.conf file states that the "BOARD_RUN_OPT(rpi3)  :=
   $(QEMU_RUN_OPT)".
   - Is it setup to run in a Qemu-emulated rspi3?
      - If yes, should I follow the steps here [1] to boot it on a board?

[1]
https://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations/21.05/development/System_integration_and_automated_testing.html#Run-tool_configuration_examples