sculpt OS kernel and applications

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Tue Dec 27 11:45:08 CET 2022

Hi Sid,

On 12/26/22 23:40, Sid Agrawal wrote:
> 1. I understand the Genode can be made with multiple kernels such as OKL4,
> seL4, and Nova, as well as your own kernel named hw? However, it was not
> obvious which kernel is used by sculpt.

You can find the used kernel documented at the "Credits" section [1],
and in the build instructions for Sculpt.

[1] https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-22-10#Credits

The PinePhone version of Sculpt uses the base-hw kernel. You can find
the details explained in the "Genode Platforms" document [2].

[2] https://genode.org/documentation/genode-platforms-22-05.pdf

> 2. Where can I find the application list that runs on sculpt? Like
> browsers, databases etc?

There is no central curated list.

Each depot provider curates a custom index, which you can browse once
you have selected the provider in Sculpt's depot selection.