building on linux

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 02:35:05 CET 2022

OK. So... I'm trying to build Sculpt OS from source to create a USB
image I can boot from with a few changes to the wifi driver, per Colin's
suggestion.

I've read the Getting Started and Sculpt Documents:

https://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations/22.05/getting_started/index.html

and

https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-22-10

just the sections pertaining to building.

I've also watched this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g8hDQQt-VI

It's all a little confusing for newbs, so I'm gonna ask y'all in the
hopes that you can help clear things up...

1. What distro (exactly) do y'all use - it says Ubuntu LTS in the docs -
so Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS is the current version - is that it? I have the
luxury of picking whatever I like (thankfully, I'm a debian user, so
Ubuntu/Mint/Debian are fine with me)

2. If I want to change out the wifi firmware and edit the config files,
do I need to just tweak the files and build the bootable image or do I
need to do the build Sculpt from source thing?

Thanks,

Will