using GOA to port libraries

Pirmin Duss pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Fri Dec 23 09:36:51 CET 2022

Hello Norman

I'm still working on the support to build libraries with Goa.

Currently I'm debugging a page fault that happens, when I load
`libunwind.lib.so`. This library was built with Goa from the sources of
llvm 11.1.0.

Yesterday I recognized an other problem, that I will have to figure out
a solution for. One of the libraries that is used to build wasmedge,
doesn't have a nice include directory that can be copied. The header
files are located in the source directory. I will have to adapt my
solution for extracting the header files.

I also was able to build my first library which uses autoconf/libtool to
configure and build. This required (a lot) of patching in the input
files thou and clearly isn't ready for prime time in the current state.

The current state can be found at
https://github.com/trimpim/goa/tree/library_support. This still requires
heavy cleanup, which I will do next year, after I have completed some of
my other tasks.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everybody
Pirmin