using a C library within a VFS plugin

Stefan Thöni stefan.thoeni at gapfruit.com
Fri Aug 19 16:05:26 CEST 2022

Hello,

> Nudged by your comment about the wolftpm sources, I had myself a look
> into the GitHub repository [1]. After browsing the code I got the
> impression that the TPM hardware use case (--enable-devtpm) is
> completely independent of LibC if the backend is reimplemented for
> Genode. The SWTPM (--enable-swtpm) naturally requires LibC and a
> network stack to my understanding. Note, I did not check transitive
> dependencies resulting in wolfcrypt.

Thanks to you observations, we succeeded in making wolftpm run without
the libc mostly by using code from the mini C demo and disabling some
features of wolfssl we don't care about.

So our proof of concept is now able to get some random from the TPM
using wolftpm running inside a VFS plugin.

Have a nice weekend
Stefan

--
Freundliche Grüsse