using a C library within a VFS plugin

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Fri Aug 19 08:54:29 CEST 2022

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 20:04:50 CEST, ttcoder at netcourrier.com wrote:
> The wolftpm's page says their code is tuned for portability and has
> no external dependancy, so who knows, maybe could be feasible ? In
> case it is, thought I'd give additional inspiration about this:

Nudged by your comment about the wolftpm sources, I had myself a look
into the GitHub repository [1]. After browsing the code I got the
impression that the TPM hardware use case (--enable-devtpm) is
completely independent of LibC if the backend is reimplemented for
Genode. The SWTPM (--enable-swtpm) naturally requires LibC and a
network stack to my understanding. Note, I did not check transitive
dependencies resulting in wolfcrypt.

[1] https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfTPM.git

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs