Wacom Touchscreen / Pen Driver

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Tue Nov 23 09:15:09 CET 2021

Hi John,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 19:19:01 CET, John J. Karcher wrote:
> I was just wondering if anyone has had the itch to finish converting the
> Wacom touchscreen / pen driver, possibly with the benefit of the newer Linux
> driver conversion tools?
>
> I've tried a couple of times, but it's beyond my skill set (and time to
> learn).

I do not know of anybody working on Wacom drivers or considering to
integrate any missing pieces to the current usb_hid driver. We have
plans to put device drivers for Intel notebook platforms on our agenda
again in 2022. I'm not entirely sure if USB HID should be part of
this, at least not highest priority, as the current implementation
supports all devices available to us very well. First, we will
concentrate on the base drivers (e.g., XHCI) to support recent
notebook platforms.

Do you have experiments to share or just some details what is
missing from the current driver? Is Linux 4.16.3 supporting the device
your adressing? Are we talking about [1]?

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3997

Best regards
--
Christian Helmuth