Building Image (was: Re: I am having some strange difficulty formatting a GPT partition within Sculpt)

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Thu May 27 03:08:19 CEST 2021

On 5/26/21 5:46 PM, baconicsynergy--- via users wrote:

[snip]

> I set up my build directory, edited build.conf to the best of my ability
> and ran "make run/sculpt KERNEL=nova BOARD=pc". Unfortunately, the .iso
> image that is produced is unbootable. Is there a guide or article
> somewhere describing how to properly build a Sculpt image? I must be
> making a silly mistake somewhere.

In my experience, the ISO image works fine if you burn it to a CD-ROM or
use it as a virtual CD in a VM.  But if you want to copy it to a USB
stick, you need to switch to creating a bootable disk image by changing
the line in "build.conf" from:

QEMU_RUN_OPT := --include power_on/qemu --include log/qemu --include
image/iso

to:

QEMU_RUN_OPT := --include power_on/qemu --include log/qemu --include
image/disk

I hope this helps.

> Genode to the moon!

Indeed!