error when trying out cbe

Stefan Thöni stefan.thoeni at gapfruit.com
Wed Mar 17 14:25:19 CET 2021

Hi Martin

I found the problem: We've modified lx_fs to check that symlinks stay
within the core root directory. This conflicted with the vfs_cbe
runscript's symlink to the disk image.

> A colleague of mine just gave me a hint: Are you aware that the CBE is
> currently only meant for x86_64? It's not that the code has explicit
> architecture-specific parts but we have never tested it on ARM for
> instance and I wouldn't be surprised if there hide some subtle issues.

Thanks for this important hint.

> May I ask on which architecture are you running?

I tested on x86_64 but we'll be using CBE eventually on ARM.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Freundliche Grüsse