error when trying out cbe

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Wed Mar 17 13:44:50 CET 2021

Hi Stefan,

I'm not able to reproduce the error on my Genode 21.02. Unfortunately,
from the log output alone, I cannot deduce a lot. Only that the block-IO
back-end module of the CBE device driver (vfs_cbe) is being told that
one of its requests is now processed but the module is not in a state
were it would expect such a statement.

Did you do "make run/vfs_cbe_init BOARD=linux KERNEL=linux" and after
that "make run/vfs_cbe BOARD=linux KERNEL=linux" ?

As a general background information regarding the CBE: We're currently
working at getting the CBE into a productive use case - namely our
Sculpt systems used for our daily work. But so far, the CBE is not
tested against real-life work loads.

Cheers,
Martin