Genode at virtual FOSDEM 2021

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Sat Mar 6 01:21:59 CET 2021

On 2/22/21 4:52 AM, Norman Feske wrote:
> Hello again,
>
>> the annual FOSDEM in Brussels and the microkernel developer room in
>> particular is almost a mandatory date for us.
>> [...]
>>
>>    https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/track/microkernel/
>>
>> The topic of our contribution is the presentation and demo of our recent
>> developments of pluggable device drivers, which will be the basis for
>> on-the-fly driver updates, self-healing, and power management.
>>
>>    Saturday, February 2, 13:05
>>
>>    "Pluggable device drivers for Genode"
>>
>>    Norman Feske
>
> the recording of my talk has become available now:
>

> https://video.fosdem.org/2021/D.microkernel/microkernel_pluggable_device_drivers_for_genode.webm

This went by without much fanfare, but this presentation is a fantastic
overview of the recent architectural changes where reversing the
"client-server" relationship of the interface layers resulted in a more
flexible design, without sacrificing the simplicity of the original.

To anyone even remotely interested in this topic, the video is well
worth your time!

  Thanks,

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com