Partitioning Fun Finale (Re: I am having some strange difficulty formatting a GPT partition within Sculpt)

baconicsynergy at protonmail.ch baconicsynergy at protonmail.ch
Thu Jun 3 00:21:12 CEST 2021

It seems my plans for Genode to fit in my partition scheme can come to fruition after all :)

Martin:

> I created a quickfix on my branch
> https://github.com/m-stein/genode/tree/sculpt-21.03b-baconicsynergy.
> Could you give it a try? I hope this is the only place where the Sculpt
> Manager assumes such a limit. Maybe we should come up with a more
> generic solution to this problem.

It worked! I was able to format the final partition for use with Genode.

John:

> In my experience, the ISO image works fine if you burn it to a CD-ROM or
> use it as a virtual CD in a VM.  But if you want to copy it to a USB
> stick, you need to switch to creating a bootable disk image by changing
> the line in "build.conf" from:
>
> QEMU_RUN_OPT := --include power_on/qemu --include log/qemu --include
> image/iso
>
> to:
>
> QEMU_RUN_OPT := --include power_on/qemu --include log/qemu --include
> image/disk

That did the trick too. This is actually in the instructions in the link Christian gave me:

> With pleasure I'd like to refer you to
> https://genode.org/documentation/articles/sculpt-21-03#Building_the_boot_image

Thanks everyone! I'm going to experiment a little bit now and study as much Genode as I can

baconicsynergy