filesystem testing

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Tue Jun 1 14:01:38 CEST 2021

Hi Stefan,

> a) Increase the test coverage of the file systems provided by Genode in
> order to transparently and continuously demonstrate the quality of the
> framework and to make sure regressions won't go unnoticed once a file
> system component is being used in a product.
>
> b) Compare file system scenarios available in Genode.
>
> Would you see value in such tests?

This aligns very well with the statement I gave at the end of my last
email. Your efforts would be very much appreciated.

The risk of regressions is indeed a major concern when optimizing code
that is already time-tested. Hence, profound file-system tests might be
a good pathway towards structural optimization work in the longer-term
future.