Error Building "Sculpt-20.08"

John J. Karcher devuser at alternateapproach.com
Wed Jan 27 17:46:01 CET 2021

On 1/25/21 10:51 AM, Sebastian Sumpf wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 1/25/21 6:10 AM, John J. Karcher wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I hope this isn't too obvious, but I am trying to build "sculpt-20.08",
>> and have run into a problem.  I was able to work around the outdated
>> external "curl" library, but I am stuck on a linker problem.
>
> this sounds like the '-fcommon' issue [1] we had with newer host tool
> chains lately.
>
> Can check if commit [2] is working for you?
>

> [1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3960
> [2]
> https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/e3ea3191afbd3596dc1b5edb903d735f2c879a23

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think you're on the right track about the newer tool chain.
Unfortunately that commit doesn't seem to have any effect.  (This makes
me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.)

"20.11" and "master" build fine, so we know there is a solution in there
somewhere.  :^)

I think I will try the Docker container next.

  Thanks!

   John J. Karcher
   devuser at alternateapproach.com