Roadmap 2021

Piotr Tworek tworaz at tworaz.net
Sat Jan 16 10:09:16 CET 2021

The part of the roadmap that interests me the most is the GPU support
part. This is something I'm really interested in and I do already have
working mesa 20.1 port for Genode along with both kernel and userspace
driver parts targetting qemu virtual GPU (virgl). The kernel part was
borrowed from Linux 5.8 and ported using "forked" dde_linux code.

The main problem is my port is not compatible with existing Genode
windowing system. My initial goal was to support Linux DRM/KMS APIs in
Genode. While working on this I decided to omit the KMS part of the
duo, but DRM parts are complete enough to run mesa EGL/DRM backend
without major modifications. My end goal is to get Qt EGLFS backend
working and have GLESv2 accelarated QML GUI running on top of it. The
only missing part right now is the EGLFS backend port. I'm not there
yet only because I got distracted by my clang port :P.

Even though my plans are probably not fully aligned with Genode Labs, I
think the mesa port I have might save you some porting time.

/ptw