Cmus issue

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at genode-labs.com
Sat Feb 6 09:42:57 CET 2021

Hello Dima,

> I'm using Sculpt 20.08 (the officially released image). Here's the LOG output:

Right, my bad. I was under the assumption you used a more recent branch,
because cmus was introduced in 20.11 (although there was no “official”
Sculpt release) after all.

If you be any chance used the packages referenced in my index for 20.08
in the experimental section the problem is the audio driver. It references
a version where the driver does not announce the Audio_out session but
the mixer and in return cmus wait for it. Which is why it gets stuck
waiting for a session that never comes. I have published a fixed version
where you should see the driver announcing its session in the LOG.

That being said, I am not sure in which state the various packages are
as I built them on a WIP branch and some things changed/were fixed
before they entered the mainline - here be dragons.

I hope you did not spend too much time chasing down the problem.

Regards
Josef

--
Josef Söntgen