Genode at virtual FOSDEM 2021

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Thu Feb 4 09:12:50 CET 2021

Hello everyone,

the annual FOSDEM in Brussels and the microkernel developer room in
particular is almost a mandatory date for us. Instead of gathering in
Brussels, this year, crowds of Free-Software and Open-Source enthusiasts
will hold a virtual event. The FOSDEM organizers are restless with
setting up virtual counterparts of important FOSDEM features like
developer rooms and even hallway meetings. FOSDEM is free for everyone.

  FOSDEM 2021, February 6 and 7

  https://fosdem.org/2021/

The microkernel developer room is shepherded by Martin Decky of the
HelenOS project, who announced a call for participation in November. You
may have noticed his posting on this mailing list. It goes without
saying that we at Genode Labs urged to contribute. In the meantime, the
schedule of the developer room has been decided.

  https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/track/microkernel/

The topic of our contribution is the presentation and demo of our recent
developments of pluggable device drivers, which will be the basis for
on-the-fly driver updates, self-healing, and power management.

  Saturday, February 2, 13:05

  "Pluggable device drivers for Genode"

  Norman Feske

https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/event/microkernel_pluggable_device_drivers_for_genode/

The developer room will close with a panel discussion among several
participating projects including Genode and moderated by Martin Decky.

  Saturday, February 2, 15:05

  "State of Microkernels in 2021"

  https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/event/microkernel_state_in_2021/

See you at virtual FOSDEM 2021!