Silly Sculpt Build Problem

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon Dec 6 08:41:06 CET 2021

Hi John,

On Sun, Dec 05, 2021 at 23:00:21 CET, John J. Karcher wrote:
> First, line 550 of "tool/run/run" still contained a "which" command, which I
> changed to:
>
>   if { [catch {set path [exec command -v $command]}] == 0} {
>
> Running "command -v e2mkdir" gives "/usr/bin/e2mkdir", so I expected this
> change to fix the problem, but it didn't.

This is because the exec aborts with an error.

  tclsh> exec command -v xorriso
  couldn't execute "command": no such file or directory
  while evaluating {exec command -v xorriso}
  tclsh> exec bash -c "command -v xorriso"
  /usr/bin/xorriso
  tclsh>

"command" is an bash built-in command and can't be executed by
Tcl/Expect directly. With the following small change to the line above
your second patch is unnecessary.

  if { [catch {set path [exec bash -c "command -v $command"]}] == 0} {

Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs

https://www.genode-labs.com/ · https://genode.org/
https://twitter.com/GenodeLabs · https://www.genodians.org/