how to debug gdb?

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Fri Apr 9 13:45:29 CEST 2021

Hi Alexander,

On 08.04.21 19:42, Alexander Tormasov via users wrote:
> I try to run it via gdb, using the following run file attached below (which works in the past).

I wonder, have you considered debugging such issues on base-linux as
described here?

  https://genodians.org/ssumpf/2019-04-26-java-gdb

At least that is my time-tested work flow when working on any regular
component or protocol stack, including low-level code like the dynamic
linker, libc, vfs, etc.

By debugging on base-nova, I'm afraid that you make your life harder
than it needs to be. Still, even if you insist on using base-nova, I'd
recommend first giving the Qemu GDB stub a try (using the argument -s)
before going the on-target GDB route as you did.