how to debug gdb?

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at genode-labs.com
Fri Apr 9 13:44:03 CEST 2021

Hello,

On 08.04.21 19:42, Alexander Tormasov via users wrote:
> I have an application which run somehow normally.
>
> I try to run it via gdb, using the following run file attached below (which works in the past).
>
> And now I have a problem with quota (see log below), after this message it just hangs, and my attempts to update figures in run file lead to nothing, same err.
>
> I found that in general it try to upgrade session quota as a result of rpc call return, but why?
> what particular parameter responsible for it?
>
> How I can find the reason? e.g. print current cap used/etc?

it could be possible that the 100 caps which gdb_monitor preserves for itself are not enough. Currently, this amount is defined in
the source code, although a config option like for the RAM quota would be useful:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/2e15ea3c5dab7da6423c7851e0e9ad40abfbb5d6/repos/ports/src/app/gdb_monitor/gdbserver/genode-low.cc#L511

Christian