Suggestions for contributing

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Wed Oct 14 11:32:46 CEST 2020

Hi Mihail,

Welcome to the list!
It's cool to read that your professor recommended you to do a Genode
project :) I think, the best starting point is the list "Genode Future
Challenges":

https://genode.org/about/challenges

It is an up-to-date description of not yet implemented ideas that would
be benificial for the Genode project. Furthermore, don't hesitate to
post questions regarding these topics or Genode in general on this
mailing list - we'll try to answer them as soon as possible.

I don't know whether you are already aware of the "Genode Foundations" book:

https://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations/index

It's a must-read if you're interested in diving deeper into the basic
concepts and mechanisms behind Genode. However, regarding higher levels
of the stack, there are many component/library specific 'README' files
in the source repo:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode

In the same repo, in '/doc' you can find all Genode release notes. They
serve as a very good in-detail description of topics (using 'grep').
Last but not least, some topics are best described at the public
Genodians blog space:

http://genodians.org/

I hope this helps. Let me know whether you found something that catches
your eye!

Best regards,
Martin