iMX8 not all cores starting

Duss Pirmin pirmin.duss at gapfruit.com
Tue Oct 6 15:06:35 CEST 2020

Hi,

On 06.10.20 13:44, Stefan Kalkowski wrote:

> The value 0xC4000003 is no register, but a SMC call [0] function
> identifier, and part of the Power State Coordination Interface [1].
> So 0xfffffffffffffff7 seems to be -9, which means INVALID_ADDRESS
> according to [1]. Looks like the provided ip is not ok? It has to be
> in the RAM below 0x40000000, isn't it?

I also had found the description for the PSCI and had started reading in it.

The address is indeed 0x4001003c. This parameter comes form the call in
base-hw/src/bootstrap/spec/arm_64/cortex_a53_mmu.cc where
wake_up_all_cpus() is called with the address of _crt0_start_secondary.

How can I influence where a function is placed? I see, that in
base/src/ld/genode.ld the content from crt0 is integrated.

Regards,
Pirmin