No output with Genode::raw and Fiasco.OC

Tomasz Gajewski tomga at wp.pl
Fri Oct 2 14:32:05 CEST 2020

Simon Himmelbauer <himmelba at in.tum.de> writes:

> I'm currently writing a time sensitive-program using Fiasco.OC as a
> kernel. For debugging purposes I wanted to use Genode::raw in order to
> avoid the overhead of Genode::log.

Although you confirmed that Christian's answer solved your problem you
can look at trace logger and a feature to redirect logs to trace buffer.
I used it to diagnose timing problems in USB driver for RPI and it may
be useful for you too.

It is described in section "Redirection of LOG output to TRACE events"
in release notes for versoin 20.05. In this case calls to log just write
to memory eliminating any overhead and trace logger can read it
asynchronously later and output to console.

Cheers,
Tomasz