AW: Re: Unable to build drivers/timer

fixed-term.christo.bita at sojus-software.de fixed-term.christo.bita at sojus-software.de
Thu Nov 12 11:25:45 CET 2020

Hello Norman,
thanks for the tips

»»https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/bf62d6b8962c0f02c455f26b44e8591de18ae1a5 (https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/bf62d6b8962c0f02c455f26b44e8591de18ae1a5)
the second part of the introduction lab run now successfully.
                                                       Best regards,
                                                                  Christo
Am Mi., Nov. 11, 2020 04:02 PM schrieb Norman Feske :
Hi Christo,

welcome to the mailing list!

On 11.11.20 15:34, fixed-term.christo.bita at sojus-software.de (mailto:fixed-term.christo.bita at sojus-software.de) wrote:
In my case I get the following error "target 'drivers/timer' does not
exist" as
I tried the second part of the "hello world" lab.
May the reason be that there is no "timer" directory, with the
corresponding files, in the "os/src/drivers" directory?

Thank you for reporting. This step of the manual is indeed outdated,
which was unnoticed until now.

Earlier this year, we slightly rearranged the source-code structure of
the various timer drivers [1].

[1]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/bf62d6b8962c0f02c455f26b44e8591de18ae1a5 (https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/bf62d6b8962c0f02c455f26b44e8591de18ae1a5)

With the move of the timer drivers to the kernel-specific base-
repositories, one needs to specify the respective kernel now, e.g.,

make timer KERNEL=linux

Sorry for this inconvenience. I'm going to update the documentation.

https://www.genode-labs.com (https://www.genode-labs.com) · https://genode.org (https://genode.org)