Unable to build drivers/timer

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Wed Nov 11 16:02:22 CET 2020

Hi Christo,

welcome to the mailing list!

On 11.11.20 15:34, fixed-term.christo.bita at sojus-software.de wrote:
> In my case I get the following error "target 'drivers/timer' does not
> exist" as
> I tried the second part of the "hello world" lab.
> May the reason be that there is no "timer" directory, with the
> corresponding files, in the "os/src/drivers" directory?

Thank you for reporting. This step of the manual is indeed outdated,
which was unnoticed until now.

Earlier this year, we slightly rearranged the source-code structure of
the various timer drivers [1].

[1]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/commit/bf62d6b8962c0f02c455f26b44e8591de18ae1a5

With the move of the timer drivers to the kernel-specific base-<kernel>
repositories, one needs to specify the respective kernel now, e.g.,

  make timer KERNEL=linux

Sorry for this inconvenience. I'm going to update the documentation.