compiling problem on run/demo

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at genode-labs.com
Mon May 11 12:01:53 CEST 2020

Hello Paul,

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 14:47:57 CEST, Paul Dufresne via users wrote:
> Hi! I am coming back to Genode after a few year of absence.

I'm pleased to welcome you back :-)

> [paul at localhost x86_64]$ make run/demo KERNEL=linux BOARD=linux
[...]
> But when I do the given I command I get:
>
>   Program lib/initramfs/lx_init
>     BUILD    initramfs
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc

This error stems from your host systems GCC installation and tells us
that it is not possible to link a simple static C program. May it be you
missed to install the Fedora equivalent of Ubuntu libc6-dev? You need
a file named libc.a in your library path.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth
Genode Labs