Genode Community Summer 2020

Martin Stein martin.stein at genode-labs.com
Mon Jul 13 16:53:33 CEST 2020

Last year, for the first time we held the Genode Community Summer for
people that would like to work on their Genode project while being able
to seek our assistance in person. The event was a success and we would
like to give it another try this year.

** For whom? **

The gathering is open for everyone of the Genode community. Hence, it
should be regarded as a public event.

Each participant should have a concrete project to pursue during the
time and be able to work on this project independently most of the time.
Unlike a commercial offered workshop, there won't be any lecture or
intensive coaching, but simply co-working in an informal and friendly
setting.

Anything confidential should better be left at home! This way, we can
accommodate people with different backgrounds at the same time while the
event bears potential for networking effects among different community
members.

If you are planning to participate as organization, please consider a
limit of 2 persons per organization. With this, we aim for preserving
versatility and the possibility for interdisciplinary exchange at the
Genode Community Summer.

** Where? **

The event will take place in the lower floor of the Genode Labs office,
Friedrichstraße 26, 01067 Dresden, Germany. Note, that lodging is up to
each participant individually.

** When? **

Over two weeks from 31.8.2020 till 11.9.2020. It is possible to
participate only for a part of this time.

** How to register? **

Each participant must register in advance since our space is limited but
the event will be at no cost. Please register via mail to
martin.stein at genode-labs.com. We will hold the event only if at least 4
people register until 17.8.2020. We will inform all participants as soon
as we have 4 registrations.

Your registration must contain a brief description of the project you're
planning to pursue during the gathering. Please also add whether you
like to participate for the whole two weeks, and if not, which part of
that time you will participate.

We've opened an issue in the Genode Github repository that serves for
discussions and information sharing around the Genode Community Summer 2020:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/3818

If you have questions regarding the Genode Community Summer please don't
hesitate to ask in this issue or via mail to martin.stein at genode-labs.com .

Hope to see you there!