Qt5 build tools

Norman Feske norman.feske at genode-labs.com
Thu Feb 27 17:23:00 CET 2020

Hi Ben,

On 24.02.20 07:52, Nobody III wrote:
> I'm trying to port Qt5 software to Genode. The lack of qmake support is
> problematic, as most qmake project files I've encountered cannot be
> handled by GNU make as regular makefiles, which is the standard method
> used by Genode's build tools. Aside from qmake, the other most common
> build system I've encountered being used by Qt5 software is CMake.
> Support for using either (or ideally both) of these with Goa (or the
> Genode SDK) would be very helpful. I recognize that Goa already has
> basic CMake support, but the CMake files for Qt5 aren't being generated
> (or aren't being kept) when Qt5 is built using Genode's build system, so
> CMake is not yet a viable option for building Qt5 software using Goa.
>
> Ideally support for both systems should eventually be pursued, but
> either one would be extremely useful. Can someone help me with this?

we plan to cover the development of Qt applications using Goa by mid of
the year. The topic is scheduled for the release 20.08. I'll try to get
both CMake and QMake working.

I would start with a very simple Qt CMake project on Linux, observe how
it works there, and then try to mimic the same procedure using Goa,
using Genode's API depot archives as the basis.

If you like to test the waters now, I'm very interested in learning your
experiences.